Java Engineer (DevOps Team) – Amsterdam
For our client a provider of an innovative online market platform we are recruiting a Java Engineer for the DevOps Team.
You will work within the team to:
- Develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications;
- Analyze and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements;
- Code and maintain applications for the platform;
- Mentor others on coding standards and performs code reviews;
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Periodically making recommendations that aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- +5 years of relevant experience- Java development knowledge at Senior Level (included Java 8)
- Java SE6+ Java EE
- Git (version control)
- Atlassian stack (or similar like Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Frontend knowledge (typescript based)
- Knowledge and experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies as well as CI/CD Test automation
- In addition to the specialist knowledge, experience with the following knowledge areas is an advantage: Wildfly swarm (thorntail) else Spring boot, Apache Camel or else Kafka
You are working in an independent and dedicated DevOps team of 13 people.This is a cross-functional, self-managing team. This DevOps team is responsible for the 24/7 performance of the platform, delivering releases in continuous delivery. The DevOps team consists of 5 specialists, where each specialist also has the knowledge and experience of at least 1 other specialist. Every team member needs to be able to have some knowlegde of the specialisms. Within the team, one team member has the role of Scrum master.
The Java Engineer we are looking for has a knowledge and experience with additional techniques and tooling to realize the best fitting solutions for the customers of the platform.From your seniority: the team takes the right direction in terms of both processes and content.
A salary depending of relevant work experience between €50.000 and €60.000
+31 (0)23 5121010